Data Center Infrastructure Management Consultant with hands-on IT knowledge
About the job
You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad with end-to-end responsibility for Global Datacenters Services, like Datacenter access control and Datacenter infrastructure management systems for collection asset information (DCIM). Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the client organisation is of utmost importance for you.
About the department:
You are responsible for maintenance, development and support of multiple global applications within the global Datacenter services hosted on a Windows environment. You identify and analyse the needs of the users and take the lead, collaborating with your squad’s DevOps Engineers.
You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues in the DevOps way of working.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to operate, between various squads and chapters, and that allows you to engage with the various global stakeholders and build a network.
In order to be able to perform the work effectively and efficiently:
- the work will be performed in Major Dutch Bank’s ‘office in Rotterdam, during office hours
Note: DCIM-tool part will be mostly remote with at least 1 day a month on-site at Major Dutch Bank. You still have to be determined, but work will be mostly on-site at Major Dutch Bank.
- You will have its main specialist onboarded as an Major Dutch Bank external employee for the duration of the SoW. This requires the employee to be screened by Major Dutch Bank.
About the client:
Major Dutch Bank has successfully implemented this DCIM-tool in The Netherlands and Belgium and is in the process of positioning this DCIM-tool as a global, uniform service to other Major Dutch Bank countries, which can benefit from the central implementation in the Major Dutch Bank Private Cloud.
About your role:
In order to bring DCIM-tool to the next level and obtain even more benefits from the application, also in light of the growing international interest in the tool, Major Dutch Bank has planned to add the following features:
• Power alerting
• Custom Reports & Dashboards
• Systems Integration (with e.g. CMDB and Network Devices)
• Workflow Automation
Implementing the above requires expertise in, among others, Windows, SQL, AD, (RESTful) APIs, SNMP, ServiceNow, and of course DCIM-tool itself – both DCIM-tool Asset Optimizer and DCIM-tool Energy Optimizer.
Please apply to this job offer via the Green button on the LogicQ website (https://logicq.net/jobs) - this will start the procedure. We will contact you ASAP for an online interview, where we will share more information about this position and possibilities.
A background check is mandatory and standard part of our on-boarding procedure. LogicQ is a multi-disciplinary freelance consultancy organisation where you can become member today and Associé tomorrow. You can grow within our organisation to a partner level. Hope to hear from you.
Fringe benefits:• Knowledge of Datacenter Management
• General knowledge of working in the Major Dutch Bank Cloud
• Impact of different factors on performance and capacity of services
• Technical implications of Security and Risk principles
• Working-level knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices
• Understanding of the Agile (Kanban) methodology (e.g. backlog, review and marketplace)
• Knowledge of Lean practices (e.g., waste identification, visual management)
• Deep knowledge of DevOps way of working
• Continuous delivery, cross-functional team set-ups, development of cross-skilled squad members
Job Requirements:• Professional and intellectual IT ability at university level - at least Bachelor's degree
• Good understanding of Windows environments, Windows servers, Windows SQL
• Good understanding of Citrix environments
• Relevant and demonstrable API knowledge
• Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure and Datacenters
• Experience from working in high performing Agile teams
• Excellent understanding of Dutch and English