KPMG Lead Architect Cloud
About the job
We are seeking for a highly motivated and passionate Lead Cloud Architect who can develop the new business demand on our platform. The Lead Architect is an IT specialist who is responsible for deploying KPMG’s cloud computing strategy. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, and cloud management and monitoring. As a Cloud architect you will oversee the application architecture and deployment in cloud environment.
This position demands special competences from the individual employee, who must have a natural tendency to collaborate with customers, members and colleagues to achieve shared professional results, where short-term and long-term customer interest is at the forefront. This requires employees to have a personality which is clearly "actively focused on other people" and who make a careful consideration between risks and results in the performance of work duties with the objective to increase and maintain customer confidence in the entire value chain of product development, product distribution and customer advice. All types of platforms (including e.g. Office 365) are in scope.
The One Platform will be based upon the latest advances in software and infrastructure architecture including Cloud Native, Containers and Micro Services movements and related platforms and tools such as Kubernetes. We expect candidates to be both passionate about and well versed in these critical subjects.
About the department:
We believe that progress can only truly be progress if its cause benefits both the individual and society as a whole. Therefore, we combine the newest technologies with what we have accomplished in the century we are existing: a foundation of knowledge, expertise and independent thinking.
Open, creative and venturous
We offer a stimulating mix of entrepreneurship, creativity and team spirit. You can be yourself, you feel validated and appreciated and you know that you can make a difference if you want to.
The ultimate environment for personal growth
Here at KPMG, you will be given plenty responsibilities from the start, combined with the freedom to develop yourself, both personally and in business. We are not only offering you a job: we are offering you a career.
About the client:
The ultimate vision for KPMG is that member firms and their customers will access IT functionality through the One Platform, which is KPMG’s tailored and secured implementation of (at present) Microsoft Azure. The One Platform is expected to develop into a multi Cloud environment (AWS, Google, Alibaba, etc.). This approach will ensure local and global agility, quality, security and consistency. Providing access to advanced computing power and significantly streamlining development and deployment efforts at both the global and country levels. KPMG’s Cloud Services is the organizational unit continuously developing and improving the One Platform to provide secure, predictable and flexible service delivery and operations capability. Cloud Services also enables faster business innovation through adoption of cloud services and business agility and reduced time-to-market. Cloud Services is delivering 24/7 with teams across the world.
About your role:
What we would need from you:
• Good knowledge of at least one operating system of the following: Linux, Windows.
Prior experience as an administrator or architect in any of the well known operating systems is
• A strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructures;
• Perfect understanding and experience of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS;
• Ability to assess new Azure products, and determine if these products:
o Add value to our customers (and their business);
o Can be integrated (securely and practically) in our Cloud hosting environments;
• Should have a strong affinity with traditional Data Center Infrastructures,
o In order to project this traditional knowledge on modern Cloud Infrastructures
o In order to better understand the Hybrid environment that KPMG operates in
(There are still traditional DC’s);
• Knowledge and experience with Cloud native Solution Designing, Cloud development patterns
and recommended practices;
• Knowledge and experience on application architectures, both traditional as well as modern
(cloud enabled) applications;
• Experienced in application migration to Microsoft Azure Cloud;
• Strong with security best practices etc.;
• Computer Programming Languages. You will need at least a minimal understanding of a programming
or scripting language. This is probably not a must, but it will definitely help;
• Experienced with Cloud Automation;
• Excellent communication skills in English, verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization;
• Strong in communication and interpersonal skills;
• A desire to learn and grow, as well as a desire to help others do so.
• Be Creative, Practical and Analytical. Qualifications
• Extensive technical knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud infrastructure/services and
delivery models, storage concepts, networking basics, etc.
• Demonstrable architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures
(i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data visualization, structured and
unstructured data, etc.);
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural and multi-vendor environment in a multi-discipline team in
multiple country locations with sound knowledge in building effective working relationships;
• Documented understanding of ITIL processes, SOW’s, Affidavits, Agreements, SLA’s and KPI’s, cost of
service and Risk and security;
• A strong understanding of IT / Busines processes, challenges and issues
• Understanding of Agile / Scrum / DevOps approach to realize business value for the customer;
Education / Academics
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, etc., or equivalent experience. • The following certifications are a plus: AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies, AZ-301 Microsoft Azure Architect Design
Fringe benefits:Additionally we are offering you:
• A competitive salary
• 30 holidays
• Freedom of choice in (most of) your work
• A laptop and iPhone which can also be used privately
• A non-contributory pension plan
• A lease car
• Discounts on insurances and tax benefits for a gym membership
• Lots of activities involving fellow KPMG colleagues, such as Friday afternoon drinks
Job Requirements:Responsibilities and Tasks
• Establish relationships with key technical and non-technical decision makers to help drive long-term cloud
adoption to resolve business problems and develop impactful solutions;
• Act as the technical design specialist creating and / or approving solutions designs requested by the
• Create and maintain required global architecture and design documentation;
• Liaise with Cloud Services organization Product Owners, Cloud Solution Advisors, Delivery and the
Operations teams on relevant planning of new opportunities to meet the customer demand;
• Oversees readiness to support new products launches, changes to business rules, processes and tools;
• Maintain deep technical expertise in latest cloud technologies; understanding market technology trends,
competitive insights, and industry regulatory / compliance requirements;
• Contribute to the development of standards and strategy for architecture;
• Producing architecture views of client Solutions;
• Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other team members and their impact;
• Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards.